Stella Rosa Sugar Cookies
◦Stella Rosa Sugar Cookies◦
This Earth Day we made Stella Rosa Sugar Cookies! Sweet, simple, and the perfect way to Stellabrate!
Pair them with the new Stella Rosa Blueberry for even more deliciousness!
- 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups of All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of Kosher salt
- Green food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Plastic wrap
- In a bowl with a mixer attachment beat butter until soft or has the consistency of mayonnaise. Pour in sugar and beat for 2-3 minutes, until it’s pale and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time and beat until they are completely mixed in the batter. Add vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour in flour, baking soda and salt. Gently mix on low until the batter until it just comes together.
- Split dough into two bowls. Add a few drops of green food coloring to one, and a few drops of blue to the other bowl. Gently fold with a spatula or mix with clean hands until the color is fully incorporated.
- Take a sheet of plastic wrap about a little smaller than a cookie sheet and place it long ways in front of you on the table. Scoop out chunks of blue cookie dough on the plastic wrap randomly and add random chunks of green. Keep adding small scoops at a time until you have used all the cookie dough and it should be a long blob length wise.
- Roll lengthwise against the countertop to create a log covered in plastic wrap. Keep rolling against the counter top so it becomes smooth and a nicely shaped log.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Preferably 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unwrap dough and slice with a knife into about a ¼ in thick rounds. Place on a prepared baking sheet. Add heart decorations if you have them. I like to use parchment paper on my cookie sheets to make cleaning up easy.
- Bake for about 10 mins, or until the dough has puffed up and created a crust. It may be difficult to tell when it’s done because of the food coloring they won’t really brown unless you over bake them. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet 1-2 mins to set completely, otherwise they will fall apart when you try to eat them.
Cheers to the Sweet Life!
Interested in learning more about our delicious wines, cocktail and pairing recipes?
Check out our exclusive sweet wine selection and treat yourself!