Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
◦Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms◦
Is eating healthy on your list of New Years resolutions?
Give these Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms a try, and as a bonus, they pair perfectly with Stella Rosa Watermelon!
Delicious, refreshing, and a great meal to help you stick to that New Year’s resolution!
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium clove of garlic, minced
½ tsp salt (divided in half)
½ tsp ground pepper (divide in half)
4 portobello mushrooms
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
½ cup fresh mozzarella pearls, drained and dried
½ cup thinly sliced basil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove stems and gills from mushrooms, wash and dry
- Combine 2 tbsp oil, garlic, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper in a small bowl. Using a silicone brush, coat mushrooms all over with oil mixture. Place on baking sheet and bake until the mushrooms are mostly soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, 1 tbsp oil, and the remaining salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Once the mushrooms have softened, remove from oven and fill with the tomato mixture. Bake until the cheese is fully melted and the tomatoes have wilted, about 12-15 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven and drizzle with ½ tsp of balsamic vinegar and serve.
Cheers to the Sweet Life!
Interested in learning more about our delicious wines, cocktail and pairing recipes?
Check out our exclusive sweet wine selection and treat yourself!