Fig and Date Nut Bread with Cardinale
(1 Cup) Chopped Pitted Dates
(1 Cup) Chopped Dried Figs
(1/2 Stick) Unsalted Butter
(1 1/2 Tsp) Baking Soda
(1 Cup) Boiling Water
(1/2 Cup) Sugar
(1/2 Cup) Chopped Walnuts
(1 1/2 Cup) All-Purpose Flour
(1/2 Tsp) Baking Powder
(1/2 Tsp) Salt
(1 Bottle) San Antonio Cardinale
- Preheat an oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 1 lb loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the dates, figs, butter and baking soda. Pour in boiling water, stir and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Using a whisk, beat the sugar, walnuts and eggs into the date mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl, stir and toss together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the date mixture and whisk until just blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean (50 to 60 minutes).
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes, then turn the loaf out onto the rack and let cool completely.
- Slice and serve with a chilled glass of San Antonio Cardinale to add an additional layer of fruity sweetness to each bite!
Interested in more delicious wines and pairing recipes? Check out our exclusive sweet wine selection and treat yourself!