Fig and Date Nut Bread with Cardinale
(1 Cup) Chopped Pitted Dates
(1 Cup) Chopped Dried Figs
(1/2 Stick) Unsalted Butter
(1 1/2 Tsp) Baking Soda
(1 Cup) Boiling Water
(1/2 Cup) Sugar
(1/2 Cup) Chopped Walnuts
(1 1/2 Cup) All-Purpose Flour
(1/2 Tsp) Baking Powder
(1/2 Tsp) Salt
(1 Bottle) San Antonio Cardinale
- Preheat an oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 1 lb loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the dates, figs, butter and baking soda. Pour in boiling water, stir and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Using a whisk, beat the sugar, walnuts and eggs into the date mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl, stir and toss together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the date mixture and whisk until just blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean (50 to 60 minutes).
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes, then turn the loaf out onto the rack and let cool completely.
- Slice and serve with a chilled glass of San Antonio Cardinale to add an additional layer of fruity sweetness to each bite!