Tomatillo Chilaquiles with Orange Moscato
~ Tomatillo Chicken Chilaquiles ~
Enjoy a perfect brunch food pairing with Stella Rosa Orange Moscato and some crispy tomatillo chilaquiles! This chilaquiles recipe is a true delight with its delicious tomatillo-chipotle sauce that will have you eating the whole plate. Freshly made salsa will outperform anything you can get at your local breakfast spot. Paired with Stella Orange Moscato you will be taking a trip to brunch heaven 🙂
5-6 corn tortillas
Freshly chopped cilantro
Grilled chicken breast (optional)
1 Bottle of Stella Rosa Orange Moscato
2 garlic cloves
2 chipotles in adobo
Salt to taste
- Start by de-stemming, husking and rinsing the tomatillos. Roast the tomatillos in a 350F oven for 15-20 minutes or until they turn army green in color.
- Once tomatillos are roasted, put them in a blender along with with 1/2 onion, 2 peeled garlic cloves, and 2 chipotle in adobo. Combine well.
- Cut tortillas into sixths (can also be cut into quarters) Add a thin layer of oil to a sheet pan and rub the tortillas pieces in the oil. Add a layer of oil to the tops of the tortilla pieces too.
- Bake the tortillas in the 350F oven for 10-15 minutes or until they are turning golden brown.
- Add a dollop of oil to a skillet over medium heat and cook the salsa for a few minutes until it begins to bubble.
- Cook grilled chicken with salt and pepper on a skillet and fry two eggs to your liking.
- Add the baked tortilla pieces to the salsa and stir to coat them, but do not leave in the pan for too long.
- To serve, add a layer of the Salsa coated tortillas to a plate and top with the eggs and chicken. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and fresh cotija cheese.
- Serve with a glass of Stella Rosa Orange Moscato and enjoy!