Cinnamon Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. This is classic cozy fall recipe to enjoy with our sweet Stella Rosa Red Apple. We adapted this recipe from Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes and hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups cake flour (not self-rising)
1 tbsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 ½ tbsp. cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter,
1 ¾ cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 ¼ cups milk
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter,room temperature
12 oz. cream cheese, room
1 lb. (4 cups) powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line muffin tins with paper or grease tins.
2. In a medium size bowl, whisk both flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, mix cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating until each is completely incorporated. Beat in vanilla. Switch to a rubber spatula add flour in 3 batches alternating with 2 addtions of milk. Gently stir to combine, be careful to not over mix.
4. Scoop batter into prepared tins. Bake for about 20 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Beat butter and cream cheese on medium-high for about 5 mins or until fluffy. Mix in vanilla. On low, mix in 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time.
2. Using a piping bag or a spoon, add a dollop of frosting on each cupcake. Dust with a little cinnamon and sugar. Enjoy with a glass of Stella Rosa® Red Apple!