Citrus Moscato Sangria
~Citrus Moscato Sangria~
This delicious and refreshing citrus Moscato sangria recipe is made with a variety of citrus fruits, honey, and Stella Rosa Imperiale Orange Moscato sparkling wine. The sparking wine is one of the world’s most unique, semi-sweet sparkling moscatos. The prized Fior D’Aranico moscato grapes are selected from family-cultivated vineyards in Colli Euganei about twenty miles from Venice. The vineyard sites of the Euganean Hills are rich with volcanic soils, producing intense aromas and flavors of citrus and orange blossom, from which the name of this moscato is derived. These delicious grapes are very seasonal so you don’t see them frequently at supermarkets.
One bottle of Stella Rosa Imperiale Orange Moscato wine
1 grapefruit, peeled and cut into supreme style segments
2 oranges, peeled and cut into supreme style segments
1 blood orange, cut into slices
2 clementine mandarins, cut into slices
10 kumquats cut into slices
2 tbsp honey
Juice of 1 lemon
- Put the citrus fruit slices and segments in a pitcher.
- Add the honey and let macerate for at least 30 minutes
- Add the chilled Stella Rosa Imperiale Orange Moscato, lemon juice, and ice. Mix well.
- The citrus moscato sangria can be served immediately or kept refrigerated for a couple of hours before serving.
- When serving the sangria use a spoon or fork to put some of the citrus pieces into each glass.