‘Spider Web’ Cupcakes & Stella Rosa Black Lux
‘Tis the season to be spooky! With Halloween just around the corner, we’re all getting excited to indulge our sweet tooth and have a thrilling scare. But for any of you who can’t wait for trick or treating, Sweet Wine Club has you covered with our latest pairing recipe! In honor of all things scary, we’re pairing the sinful sweetness of Stella Rosa Black Lux with decadent Red Velvet ‘Spider Web’ Cupcakes!
The dark red grape and blackberry flavor of the Black Lux contrast perfectly with the rich cacao and white chocolate of the cupcakes, creating a flavor sensation that’s as decadent as it is deadly… Enjoy!
~Spider Web Cupcakes & Stella Rosa Black Lux~
(1) – Bottle of Stella Rosa Black Lux
(2 ½ cups) – Cake flour
(2 tbs) – Unsweetened cocoa powder
(2) – Large eggs
(1 ½ tsp) – Baking soda
(1 cup) – Buttermilk
(1 tsp) – Salt
(2 tsp) – Distilled white vinegar
(1 tsp) – Vanilla extract
(1 ½ cups) – Sugar
(1 ½ cups) – Canola oil
(1 tsp) – Liquid red food coloring or gel coloring concentrate
(4 tbs) – Unsalted butter, softened
(1 ½ cups) – Confectioners’ sugar
(1/2 cup) – Marshmallow Fluff
(1 cup) – Heavy cream
(10 oz) – Semisweet chocolate, chopped
(1) – Cupcake Baking Tin
(1-2) – Pastry bags
1) Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
2) In a second bowl, whisk the buttermilk with the red food coloring, vinegar and vanilla.
3) In a third bowl, beat the sugar with the oil and eggs until combined. Beat in the buttermilk mixture until blended, then beat in the dry ingredients until mixture is smooth.
4) Pour batter into cupcake tins (2/3 of the way full), then bake for 30 minutes. Take out and let cool completely.
5) Beat butter with 1/2 cup of confectioners’ sugar until fluffy. Add Marshmallow Fluff and beat until smooth.
6) In another bowl, whisk the remaining 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar with a few teaspoons of water to make a loose, white glaze.
7) In a saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Remove from the heat and add in the chocolate. Let stand until melted, then whisk smooth. Transfer chocolate frosting to a shallow bowl.
8) Fill a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4-inch plain tip with the fluff filling. Poke the tip deep into the center of each cupcake and pipe in the filling.
9) Dip tops of cupcakes in the chocolate frosting, then stand cupcakes upright onto a baking sheet. Fill a pastry bag with the white glaze. Pipe a fine spiral or concentric circles on top of each cupcake, then drag the tip of a skewer or toothpick from the center outwards to form the ‘spider web’.
10) Finally, let the frosting and glaze set, then serve with a glass of sinfully sweet Stella Rosa Black Lux!