Fish and Chips
◦Fish and Chips◦
Stuck inside and need something to do? Try making this homemade Fish and Chips recipe! It’s quick, easy, and delicious!
1 ½ liters grapeseed oil
4 Yukon gold potatoes, sliced very thin on a mandolin
2 cups kosher salt
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 ½ cold sparkling water
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1/3 cup sesame seeds
16 oz. skinless white fish filets, cut into 2-oz. rectangles 3×2 inches
- Heat the oil to 350° in a very large enameled cast iron pot. Fry the sliced potatoes in 3 batches, separating that slices as you add them to the pot. Keep oil between 340°-350°. Be careful as the oil may splatter. Stir with a slotted spoon so the chips stay separate. Remove when they turn golden brown, about 4 minutes, an place on a plate lined with a paper towel. Season with salt immediately.
- Immediately before frying, make the batter:
- Combine the flour and lemon juice and zest. Add the cold sparkling water, black pepper, and sesame sees and mix thoroughly. One filet at a time, dip fish in batter, coating each piece completely, and let extra batter drip off fish.
- Fry battered fish for approximately 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and place on a plate lined with a paper towel. Season with salt immediately.
- Pair with Maddalena Riesling for an east dinner!
Cheers to the Sweet Life!
Interested in learning more about our delicious wines, cocktail and pairing recipes?
Check out our exclusive sweet wine selection and treat yourself!