Christmas Cookies & Maddalena Muscat Canelli Wine
~Classic Christmas Cookies & Maddalena Muscat Canelli~
(1) – Bottle of Maddalena Muscat Canelli
(3 3/4 Cups) – All-Purpose Flour
(1 Tsp) – Baking Powder
(½ Tsp) – Salt
(1 Cup) – Softened Butter
(1 ½ Cups) – White Sugar
(2) – Large Eggs
(2 Tsp) – Vanilla Extract
(1 Dash) – Nutmeg
Shaped Cookie Cutters
1) Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, then set aside.
2) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, then stir in vanilla.
3) Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients, then cover dough and chill for 2 hours.
4) Preheat oven to 400° and grease cookie sheets.
5) On a floured surface, roll out small portions of chilled dough (about 1/4 inch thickness). Cut out desired shapes using cookie cutters.
6) Bake 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges start to brown. Remove from cookie sheets and let cool.
7) Serve with a glass of Maddalena Muscat Canelli to give an extra ‘Pop’ to the cookies’ sugary goodness!
Interested in more delicious wines and pairing recipes? Check out our exclusive sweet wine selection and treat yourself!