Christmas Cookies & Maddalena Muscat Canelli Wine
~Classic Christmas Cookies & Maddalena Muscat Canelli~
(1) – Bottle of Maddalena Muscat Canelli
(3 3/4 Cups) – All-Purpose Flour
(1 Tsp) – Baking Powder
(½ Tsp) – Salt
(1 Cup) – Softened Butter
(1 ½ Cups) – White Sugar
(2) – Large Eggs
(2 Tsp) – Vanilla Extract
(1 Dash) – Nutmeg
Shaped Cookie Cutters
1) Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, then set aside.
2) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, then stir in vanilla.
3) Gradually blend in the sifted ingredients, then cover dough and chill for 2 hours.
4) Preheat oven to 400° and grease cookie sheets.
5) On a floured surface, roll out small portions of chilled dough (about 1/4 inch thickness). Cut out desired shapes using cookie cutters.
6) Bake 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges start to brown. Remove from cookie sheets and let cool.
7) Serve with a glass of Maddalena Muscat Canelli to give an extra ‘Pop’ to the cookies’ sugary goodness!