Santa’s Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
◦Santa’s Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies◦
It’s a childhood tradition to leave cookies for Santa, but do you know his favorite recipe?
Try these delicious ‘Santa’s Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies’
and pair it with a glass of Stella Rosa Rosso to make Santa’s night even better!
Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
Cook Time: 12-14 minutes
Total Time: 35-45 minutes
Makes: 18-20 large cookies
1 ½ cups light brown sugar, packed
2/3 cup good quality olive oil
½ cup granulated sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup bittersweet 60% chocolate, finely chopped*
½ cup extra dark chocolate chips*
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips*
Finishing sea salt (optional)
*Use your favorite chocolate, we like to chop ours to make the cookie extra gooey.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In an electric stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix brown sugar, olive oil, granulated sugar, and butter on medium until somewhat pale and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, add in eggs, one at a time, blending the first completely before adding the second egg.
- Add vanilla and continue mixing until everything is well blended. Take the bowl out of the mixer and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Add this to your wet ingredients and fold until cookie dough is almost blended.
- You will still want to see streak in your flour.
- Add chocolate chucks and mix until evenly distributed throughout.
- Gently roll into 3 tbsp sized balls, place on the prepared baking sheet and allow about 3 ½ inches (9cm) of space between the dough balls to allow for spreading. Sprinkle each with a pinch of sea salt flakes (if using).
- Bake one sheet at a time in the center of the oven for about 12-14 minutes. They will look slightly underdone. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, and then move to a rack to finish cooling.
Cheers to the Sweet Life!
Interested in learning more about our delicious wines, cocktail and pairing recipes?
Check out our exclusive sweet wine selection and treat yourself!