Stella Rosa Black BBQ Wings
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. shallots (minced)
- 2 tbsp. garlic (minced)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Stella Rosa Black
- 1-2 tsp. chipotle puree or hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pkg. thawed chicken wings
- In a medium saucepan, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the shallots and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Whisk in the ketchup, Stella Rosa Black, sugar, chipotle, Worcestershire, and mustard. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat, then simmer over moderately low heat, stirring frequently for about 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Let cool slightly, then puree in a blender until smooth and season with salt and pepper.Wings
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange thawed or frozen chicken wings in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 25 mins, then flip wings over. Continue baking for an additional 20 minutes until the skin is crispy and meat is no longer pink at the bone.
- Let cool slightly and coat wings in BBQ sauce and serve with extra BBQ sauce on the side. Enjoy with a glass of Stella Rosa Black for the perfect afternoon snack!
Cheers to the Sweet Life!
Interested in learning more about our delicious wines, cocktail and pairing recipes?
Check out our exclusive sweet wine selection and treat yourself!