Stella Rosa Red Cupcakes
◦Stella Rosa Red Cupcakes◦
Valentine’s day is all about sharing the love, and what a better way to
spread the love than by baking it in delicious cupcakes?!
Give our Stella Rosa Red Heart cupcakes a try, full recipe in bio!
Time: 2-3 hours
Makes approximately 30 cupcakes
2 sticks of unsalted butter
2 cups of sugar
3 cups of flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 cup of warm milk
1 cup of Stella Rosa Red wine
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Warm milk in the microwave for 30-45 seconds until warm. Mix in cocoa powder and slowly stir until there are no or minimal chunks. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add butter and beat with an electric mixer until creamy like mayonaise. Pour in sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until just combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in flour, salt, baking soda and Stella Rosa Red wine. Gently mix on low until there are no more streaks of flour.
- Fold in chocolate.
- Line cupcake trays and fill ¾ the way with batter.
- Bake for 20-25mins or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes completely.
*Please note these cupcakes are on the drier side so it can absorb the filling.
1 cup Stella Rosa Red
½ cup of Seedless Raspberry Jam
- Mix together until the jam breaks down a bit and becomes a thick liquid.
- Gently cut out the center of cooled cupcakes and spoon in as much filling as you can. The cupcake will absorb it and you can go back and put in more. Put the top of the cupcake back on, so it seals it.
Red Wine Frosting (Hard)
*This is the recipe I used for my frosting. Since the wine become supersaturated, no food coloring was needed.
Time: 1 hour
This option is a little bit harder and more time consuming but it tastes better and less likely to break*.
*Break means it the butter will get chunky and it will look like cottage cheese – yuck! If this does happen don’t panic. Stop adding wine! Create a double boiler over the stove top over medium heat and whisk your little heart out. Then add more powdered sugar until it comes back together.)
2 cups of Stella Rosa Red
½ cup of unsalted butter
¾ cup of shortening
5- 6 cups of powdered sugar
- Heat 2 cups of Stella Rosa Red wine over medium-low heat till it reduces to about ½ to ¼ cup of liquid. Constantly stir and watch it so it does not burn! This will take awhile, but don’t turn your back on it, or it will burn.
- Pour into a heat proof container and set in the fridge to cool to room temperature.
- Beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 3 cups of powdered sugar and mix well.
- When the wine is cool enough to touch, pour a little bit at a time into the bowl.
- Alternate with the remaining 2 cups of powdered sugar, until desired taste and consistency is reached.
- Frost your cupcakes and decorate with heart sprinkles!
Red Wine Frosting (Easy)
Time: 10 mins
2-3 Tablespoons of Stella Rosa Red Wine
½ cup of unsalted butter
½ cup of shortening
4-5 cups of powdered sugar
Pink food coloring (optional)
- Beat butter and shortening until smooth.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of red wine
- Mix on high. Taste. If it did not break add more powdered sugar and max 1 more tablespoon of wine. Do not add any more! The mixture may break.
- Spread on cupcakes and decorate with heart sprinkles.
Please note this frosting isn’t as flavorful. You might want to add ½ tsp of vanilla extract if it’s too plain.
Cheers to the Sweet Life!
Interested in learning more about our delicious wines, cocktail and pairing recipes?
Check out our exclusive sweet wine selection and treat yourself!