Super Fresh Shrimp Salad with Tropical Mango
Pair the refreshing Stella Rosa Tropical Mango with a delicious grilled shrimp salad. The richness of the shrimp and mango sweetness of the wine provides an excellent, refreshing wine pairing for your taste buds!
For the shrimp:
1 1/4 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the salad:
3 hearts romaine (sliced down the center with end intact)
2 ears of corn, husked
2 cups croutons
1/2 purple onion chopped
2 1/2 cups of chopped grape tomatoes
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
1 tablespoon yellow or dijon mustard
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1-2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup olive oil
1 bottle of Stella Rosa Tropical Mango
- Shrimp: Add all ingredients (except shrimp) in a bowl. Add the shrimp and stir. Let marinade for 10-15 minutes while you chop all veggies and prepare the dressing. Place 4-6 shrimp on wooden skewers before grilling.
- Vinaigrette: Whisk together the mustard, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of honey with a pinch of salt. Continue whisking as you stream in the olive oil. Taste and adjust with an additional tablespoon of honey if you prefer your dressing a little sweeter.
- Grilling: Preheat grill and spray with cooking spray if desired. Grill time will vary for the ingredients so start with the corn. Spray the corn with cooking spray, season with a pinch of salt and roast, turning every 4-5 minutes for about 15-18 minutes total. Add the whole bell pepper next and grill for 1 minute or longer if you’d like it to char a bit. Add the shrimp skewers near the end of cooking time, they’ll take about 2-3 minutes per side. Spray the romaine hearts with cooking spray and sprinkle with a tiny pinch of salt, grill for about 2-3 minute on each side.
- Assemble: Add the chopped cucumbers, avocados, and tomatoes to a large salad bowl. Remove the stem from the romaine hearts and chop. Chop the corn kernels off the cobb. Dice the bell pepper. Add all the ingredients to the bowl and toss with the dressing. Serve immediately.
- Serve with a glass of Stella Rosa Tropical Mango and enjoy!
Interested in more delicious wines and pairing recipes? Check out our exclusive sweet wine selection and treat yourself!