Sweet Strawberry Lemon Bars
◦ Sweet Strawberry Lemon Bars◦
If you are loving Stella Rosa Watermelon, you will love pairing it with delicious Sweet Strawberry Lemon Bars!
These sweet treats are great for any occasion and are sure to impress.
Time: 1 hour
Yields: 24 squares
2 cups of strawberries
2 cups and ½ cup of sugar
2 sticks of butter
2 cups of flour
½ cup of confectioner’s sugar
4 tablespoons of flour
¼ cup of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of finely grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Dice strawberries and place in a saucepan with ½ cup of sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally so it won’t burn (about 10-15 minutes until it thickens). Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Soften butter in the microwave for 30 seconds until it barely starts to melt. Add flour and confectioners’ sugar and mix together until a crumbly consistency is reached.
- Line a 13x9x2 baking dish with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Press the crumble mixture into the dish and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Using a mixer, beat eggs, then add 2 cups of sugar, flour, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Mix until well combined.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spread the strawberries in an even layer. Then gently pour the lemon layer on top, covering the strawberries.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just set, so that if you gently tilt it from side to side it doesn’t move. Check on it often during the last five minutes or so so that it doesn’t brown.